Check out the preserve on this awesome virtual tour at this link.
The Preserve’s Trail Map is at this link
To get in touch, please see our contacts page at this link
Tentative Program for 2023
- APRIL : Signs of spring – walk the preserve and look for signs of life adapting to warmer weather
- MAY : Wildflower walk – find and try to identify wildflowers and ephemeral life in the preserve.
- MAY : Bird Walk in May- walk with birders who identify birds through song and sight.
- SUMMER : Insects in summer- meander through the preserve looking for pollinators and other insects.
- AUGUST : Bats! – join us for an evening walk identifying bats that utilize the preserve for their summer habitat
- Invasive Species walk- identify and learn about the invasive species in the preserve and how to manage them.
- Forestry walk- stroll through the preserve and learn about the many tree species and their importance to the area.
- Geology walk- as you walk learn about the natural history of the land.
When: January 28th, 11:00am
Snowshoeing and Animal Tracking at the Peter A. Krusch Nature Preserve
Enjoy this 2023 Winter Fest event at the beautiful Peter A Krusch Nature Preserve. A moderate hike to explore the woods and to look for, and learn to identify, tracks of wildlife. Dress warmly, and bring snowshoes if you have them (a limited number may be available to borrow).
Meet at the Preserve parking lot on North Cambridge Road at 11:00am.
When: Oct 8, 2022, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Some photographs from this succesful walk through the preserve and into the Cambridge Pines Forest can be found in the gallery at this link. Silvio’s phone number is 802 760 9987.
Learn more about mushrooms at vlt.org/mushrooms
Sunday August 21, 2022
Click on the link below to check out the gorgeous photographs taken by Christine Porter on Silvio Mazzarese’s fungi and mushroom walk at the the Krusch Preserve.